AusCycling, through a dedicated participation brand called ‘Ride Nation’, is working with clubs to build participation of bike riding through the newly developed Ride Nation marketplace, www.ridenation.com.au, a digital marketplace connecting consumers of cycling programs, activities and events with clubs and other cycling service providers.
The vision for Ride Nation is to facilitate the opportunity for more people to enjoy riding their bike, regardless of age, skill level and location. With over 10,000+ visitors a month to the marketplace, AusCycling highly recommends that clubs utilise this free resource to promote Club Come and Try sessions.
The Club Come and Try initiative is designed to provide participants with the opportunity to experience riding a bike in a fun and safe environment with the support of the local AusCycling Club.
To view upcoming Come and Try programs please visit: www.ridenation.com.au/s/come-n-try
AusCycling will provide insurance cover to all AusCycling Club Come and Try participants free of charge for the duration of the Come and Try session. This insurance is a temporary arrangement available to non-members of AusCycling who participate in AusCycling Club Come and Try sessions.
The insurance is NOT to be used for racing events, mass participation rides or charity rides. It is also not intended for participants who frequently attend club sessions. It is the club’s responsibility to identify these participants and encourage them to purchase an AusCycling membership.
Participants will receive the benefits of the AusCycling 4 Week Free Trial membership, the details of which can be found here: https://auscycling.org.au/membership/other/free-trial
To host an AusCycling Club Come and Try session, a club must:
With guidelines coming soon for:
Identify participants who frequently participate in club programs and encourage them to purchase an AusCycling membership to ensure they are appropriately covered from an insurance perspective
1. Create a Come and Try advert on the Ride Nation Marketplace. This can be done in either of the following ways:
- the club representative uploads the information directly onto the back end of www.ridenation.com.au. Training for club users can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the club representative has undergone training the club can upload as many Come and Try programs as required.
- or, complete the application form and your local AusCycling representative will assist you in creating the advert:
2. Promote the advert via social media/website or other communication methods by copying the marketplace advert link specific to the club Come and Try session.
3. On the day, download the registrant’s information from the Ride Nation Marketplace prior to the session so that you have a complete list of attendees. If there are late registrations on the day you must provide AusCylcing with their contact details via a spreadsheet (including Full Name, DOB, email, gender) and send to email@example.com within 5 days after the event to ensure insurance for participants is in place (please note – we encourage all registrations to occur via the marketplace where possible for insurance and tracing purposes).
We are here to help you. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org