- Friday - 1pm
- Saturday - 10am
- Sunday - 10am
Schedule of events:
|Friday||Saturday ||Sunday |
|12:00 Warm-Up||09:00 Warm-up||09:00 Warm-up|
|Individual Pursuit (All categories)||Sprint (All categories)||Individual Time Trial (All categories)|
|Individual Pursuit Finals (All categories)||Scratch Race (All categories)||Keirin (All Categories)|
|Team Sprints (All categories)||Team Pursuit (All categories)||Points Race (All categories)|
Handler entry fee: $10 NB: One handler per rider only
Spectator entry fee: $10 - Adult. $5 - Children 16 years and under
Warm-Up and Pre-event training
Please note the track will be closed for training on the mornings of competition as staff must prepare the track for competition.
- Track will be open for warm-up 1 hour prior to competition each day, and additional open track warm-up time may be permitted during breaks throughout the event at the discretion of Race Director and Chief Commissare.
- All riders MUST wear race numbers during warm-up sessions
- Please stick to "Low Slow and Fast High" with faster riders staying above the blue line
If you would like to volunteer across the weekend, please see the link below:
Food and Coffee
Binny from the Mafia of Coffee will be in attendance for the duration of the event. Please do support a great supporter of cycling and please bring cash
The Championships will be run in accordance with, but not limited to, the following technical regulations:
If you wish to withdraw from any event throughout the Championship you MUST inform the Race Director with 1 hours notice prior to the event you are withdrawing from
Update to the tall rider exemptions:
Riders who do not appear on this list will not be granted an exemption and will have to comply with the standard regulations (details in information sheet)
Age Categories & Eligibility
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2023 ages effective from 1st October 2022
- This event is not open to Temporary memberships
- All riders entering a State Open event must be covered by a Full Race Membership with AusCycling
- AusCycling Championship medals will be awarded
Event Classification, Presentation & Prizes
- This event will be held as an "Open Championships"
- Medals awarded to the first 3 place getters of each event
- First rider across the line in each category who's primary AusCycling club is in New South Wales will be declared the State Champion
- Non-New South Wales members may ride in events, but are not eligible for the NSW State Champion title
- Please refer to AusCycling Technical Regulations - Section 2.02-2.03 for further information
- AusCycling Championship Medals awarded for all events
- Presentations will take place periodically throughout the event (please refer to event schedule)
- Riders are asked to please promptly present for medal presentations in their cycling uniform
- Hats, headwear and sunglasses are NOT permitted to be worn on the podium during presentations
Teams Events Rules and Regulations
The Following rules will be applied for the 2023 Team Sprint and Team Pursuit Championship - New South Wales:
UCI Track Regulations “3.2.149 Teams shall be made up of riders entered for this event. The composition of a team may be
modified from one heat to another. An incomplete team may not take the start. The team manager must notify the commissaires
of any changes at least 30 minutes before the relevant competition round start.
Please refer to AusCycling Technical Regulations - Section 2.05.03 for Team Pursuit Regulations & Section 2.07.03.1 for Team Sprint Regulations.
- Up to six riders may be nominated for a team
- The teams shall comprise of riders from the same club
- Composite teams should only be allowed if there are insufficient competitors from a club to make up such a team having regard to the fact that a team may be made up of different divisions and gender
- The fastest two teams from qualifying round shall ride off for the gold and silver medals
- When there are four or more entrants the third and fourth fastest qualifiers will ride off for the bronze medal
- When there are only three team entrants the bronze medal will be awarded to the third-fastest qualifier
- Men’s, Women’s or combined Team Sprint (3 riders): For the age-restricted category the combined age of each team shall be no less than 135 years and complete 3 laps. The ‘Open’ category is open to all masters aged riders
- Men’s or combined Team Pursuit (4 Riders): For the age-restricted category, the minimum cumulative age of the youngest 3 riders shall be 150 years. The Open Category is open to all male Masters riders.
- Women’s Team Pursuit (4 Riders): For the age-restricted category, the minimum cumulative age of the youngest 3 riders shall be 140 years. The Open Category is open to all female Masters riders.