UCI ID and International Licences 


A UCI ID is required to participate (as a rider or official) in any cycling race that appears on the UCI Calendar (UCI Calendar Events) - including events both in Australia and overseas. This includes Elite, J19 and Para-cycling National Championships, with the exception of UCI Criteriums and Gran Fondo Qualifiers.

Individuals also require an International Licence to participate in all overseas UCI Calendar Events (with the exception of Masters events) and a limited number of UCI Calendar events in Australia.  

To check if you require an International Licence for UCI Calendar Events in Australia please check the following table:

UCI Licence & ID Requirements - UCI Calendar Events in Australia


Event Level


  • UCI World Tour & Pro Series (Road)
  • UCI World Championships (all disciplines)*
  • UCI World Cup (all disciplines)
  • Enduro World Series (MTB)
  • UCI Nations Cup (Road & Track)

UCI International License and UCI ID

  • .1 and .2 and .3 Class Events
  • UCI Junior Series (MTB only)
  • HC Class (BMX & MTB only)
  • UCI MTB Marathon Series
  • UCI Gran Fondo World Championships
  • UCI World Best Records (Masters Track)
  • UCI Masters World Championships (all disciplines)

UCI ID and AusCycling Membership

  • UCI Criteriums

AusCycling All Discipline Race Membership

  • UCI Gran Fondo World Series Qualifier

AusCycling Lifestyle Membership

  • National Championships*

Road, Track and Cyclo-cross: UCI ID & AusCycling All Discipline Race Membership 

MTB and Cyclo-cross: UCI ID and AusCycling Off-Road Race Membership

BMX: UCI ID and AusCycling Off-Road Race Membership

* J19, Elite and Para-cycling categories only

The UCI ID is issued together with an International Licence. UCI IDs must be renewed annually.

An International Licence and UCI ID confirm that the licence holder undertakes to respect and comply with the constitution and regulations of the UCI.


To obtain an International Licence, you must:

  • Be an Australian Resident, or reside within Australia for at least 6 months of the year;
  • Hold a current membership with AusCycling;
  • In accordance with UCI regulations, ensure that you are adequately insured against accidents and civil responsibility in every country where you will be competing or training throughout the year for which the licence is issued.

<REQUIRES FORMATTED BUTTON & NEW LINK> Access the International Licence Application 

<REQUIRES FORMATTED BUTTON & NEW LINK> Access the International Licencing FAQs

AusBike Square Ad
AusBike ad
Major Partners
GWMShimanoARA GroupSantini